Connections have confirmed Telecaster will miss Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe after suffering a late setback.
Hopes were high that the Hughie Morrison-trained four-year-old could mount a serious challenge at ParisLongchamp this weekend, as he favours the soft conditions that have been predicted.
The son of New Approach was also coming into the race on the back of arguably his most-accomplished victory to date in last month's Grand Prix de Deauville, one of two triumphs he has claimed on French soil this year along with his Group Three success at ParisLongchamp in June.
However, it has now been confirmed that the colt will not be able to compete in the Arc, while his participation in next month's Champion Stakes at Ascot is also now in doubt.
Mark Weinfeld, of owners Castle Down Stud, said: "It's a real shame, but this is what can happen with horses - he's just wasn't 100 per cent sound this morning.
"We're absolutely gutted. It's nothing too serious, but it's just sod's law.
"He's in the Champion Stakes at Ascot - and as I haven't heard what the vet has said, I'm not sure if he'll make that or not. We just need to know what the problem is.
"It would be nice if he made Ascot, because that is likely to be soft ground too. It's rather deflated the week, though."
Article Posted on Tuesday 29th September 2020 @ 15.46
Join BTO Today!
Create your FREE BTO account to access great extra features such as setting up custom horse alerts, customising your race card experience and more! It's completely FREE!
LOGIN or Create an Account