Jockey Frankie Dettori says he expects Enable's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe campaign to begin at some point in June.
The 10-time Group 1 winner has now turned six but is showing no signs of her age, ahead of another crack at trying to become the first three-time winner of the prestigious Arc.
Last October, John Gosden's mare was bidding for the hat-trick at ParisLongchamp when beaten into second by Waldgeist and Dettori admits the entire 2020 season will be about making sure she goes one better in this year's Arc.
Last year's route to the French capital saw Enable win the Eclipse, King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes and Yorkshire Oaks but, in a season hit by delays due to the coronavirus pandemic, the path to the 2020 Arc is a little less clear.
However, Dettori expects Enable to be back in action in June and is expecting big things from her once again. He told Racing TV: "The obvious races are Royal Ascot or the Eclipse, the King George, those kind of races.
"The main aim is trying to get her to the first Sunday in October in the best shape we can get her to try to do something that no horse has done in Arc history."
Dettori added: "She looks magnificent. Sometimes you are afraid when a horse is getting older that they might lose the racing brain but she seems very alert and she struts around the place like she owns it. She's very fresh and alert and that's a good sign."
Article Posted on Sunday 17th May 2020 @ 15.59
Join BTO Today!
Create your FREE BTO account to access great extra features such as setting up custom horse alerts, customising your race card experience and more! It's completely FREE!
LOGIN or Create an Account